Saturday 14 November 2015

American Make-up Haul


Unfortunately I wasn't the lucky one who got to go to America it was actually my boyfriend who went on a trip to Las Vegas and offered to get me a few make-up bits (sweetheart). After years of looking at make-up I wish I could get easily over here in the UK, when faced with the actual time to pick what to get my mind literally went blank. After a week I managed to create just a small list of items that I wanted and now they've safely arrived here in the UK with me!

At the moment honestly for me my budget is pretty tight where I am still paying off my camera so I wasn't able to give my boyfriend any extra money to get me a few higher end items. Because of this my boyfriend was paying for all the make-up and I'm not one to want to take a lot from people so I settled for more affordable brands. I got a lot of e.l.f items and I'm extremely happy with everything I got.







This is the MAC Minerlize Skinfinish in Lightscapade. I remember walking into a MAC and being approached by one of the MAC make-up artists and she had this amazing really light highlight on this deep tanned skin and I had to ask her what it was! At the time it was sold out and I felt my heart sink but now it's mine and I can't wait to use it! I am a massive fan of the overly unnatural highlighted look, that's just my preference. This was $32 without tax and we worked out it would actually be cheaper to buy back home only by £1 or so though.



I am unfortunately one of those girls who struggles with extremely oily skin. I take every measure possible to try and sort it out but from my point of view, you're born with what you're born with. But having said that although it will probably never go away until it's ready to, there are products to try and keep it at bay whilst I'm wearing make-up. There is nothing worse then doing your make-up really nice then having it ruined in 2 hours time because you're an uncontrollable grease ball! So I'm hoping this will be a winner.

Now here we have all my e.l.f items.






The e.l.f blush palettes in light and dark. I'm not a fan of glittery blushes but thankfully there is only one in each compact. Excited to try these, from the pan they look very pigmentent but perhaps a little chalky.


e.l.f Eyebrow kits in Light, Medium and Dark. These were only $3 each which I thought was an absolute steal, I got all the colours so that I could use them as a good staple for my kit!



And lastly this is the e.l.f Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in St Lucia which I think I've heard being known as a dupe for NARS Laguna and Orgasm? I honestly wouldn't know though as I haven't ever owned either of them or seen them in person.

Well that comes to the end of my haul and I actually can't wait to try out all my new make-up though, seeing as I've got quite a few cheek product I won't be able to try them all out in one go haha!

1 comment

  1. The Nutrogena primer sounds great! Love the look of elf's duo - you're right it definitely looks like a Nars dupe xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© P R I M R O S E P U D D L E . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.