Thursday 12 November 2015

Drugstore Product Reviews: Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara

After having this product for a few weeks I feel I'm able to give a true review on this product: Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara which I got in the colour Transparent! This retails at £4.99 at Boots and can be found here.


Overview: The product claims to be a none streak formula and is available in the UK in 4 different shades which are Transparent, Deep Blonde, Medium Brown and Dark Brown. The product is designed to groom and hold the brows in place and if obviously you're buying a tinted one, to give the brows some extra colour and depth. The product is being considered an alternative to the higher priced Benefit Gimme Brow.

Packaging: Overall packaging is shiny black and sleek looking. The product came with a small film of plastic closely hugging the product, to protect it and also so you're able to see if the product has been tampered with, due to hygiene reasons. There was no extra cardboard covering as I have seen in some other posts but I think that must be the american version.

Applicator: Maybelline call this their sculpting ball brush, for me this surely will put a few people off. The size of the ball is pretty huge compared to other brow gels on the market making it not very user friendly to those with thinner brows. For that reason I would say this product is aimed towards those who have reasonably full and thick brows and who just want to take them up a notch with the tinted formulas or keep their unruly brows in place if you're just using the transparent one like myself. For me the applicator is not a problem and with a quick swipe it coats all of my brows evenly.

Colour and Formula: For me there's no problem the transparency is transparent enough for me lol. However, the hold isn't as amazing as higher end brands I've used but that is justified at the price difference. My ultimate favourite I have tried is the Anastasia Brow Gel in Clear because that stuff is like cement. Your brows aren't going to have a hair out of place until you wipe that product off. Unfortunately I lost mine which is why I bought this one. The strength of the gel isn't bad for the price you pay I just wish it was a little stronger as if you're really trying to change the natural direction in which your hairs sit it's not perfect.

Conclusion: For the price it's a good product and in the drugstore products like this are lacking. The drugstore is definitely upping it's game these last few years and I would buy this product again, but I would like to try out the tinted ones instead. At the time I was constantly changing my hair colour so I thought I'd better stick with transparent. As I mentioned previously the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel in clear is £16.50 so a lot more expensive but honestly I think I'd rather spend my pennies and know my brows won't be moving anywhere. This is a great budget alternative though and I would recommend this!

1 comment

  1. I didn't like this product, I had bought it in medium brown but the applicator was so big I ended up getting it everywhere! I love the benefit gimmie brow though :) x

    ReplyDelete

© P R I M R O S E P U D D L E . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.